Braces and orthodontic treatments are a popular treatment for children and adolescents to correct alignment, underbites and overbites. However, at TCare Dental Centre, we believe that anyone looking to improve their smile is a great candidate for braces. We provide orthodontic treatments to people of all ages to give them the beautiful, healthy smile of their dreams.
The Benefits Of Orthodontics?
Braces and orthodontics offer many benefits:
- Braces will correct any physical issues with your teeth and improve the smile’s appearance
- Once the teeth are straightened, it will be easier to brush and floss your teeth
- Orthodontic treatments can help prevent gum disease and tooth decay
- Braces can correct your underbite or overbite and even improve speech
- Malaligned teeth are more prone to dental injury; braces can help prevent these
- Orthodontics and braces can give you a major boost in self-confidence
What Are Braces And Orthodontics Used For?
By applying gentle pressure to your teeth, braces and other orthodontics treatments gradually straighten the teeth into the desired position. We pair many of our orthodontic treatments with orthopaedic interventions to see the best possible results.
Bite Corrections: Braces can be used to treat all kinds of bite issues, including overbites, underbites, crossbites and open bites to help the teeth line up correctly. With the correct bite, you can avoid problems chewing, headaches and other health issues.
- Overbites – where the upper front teeth protrude over the lower front teeth
- Underbites – where the lower teeth jut out past the upper teeth
- Crossbites – where the upper teeth meet inside the lower teeth
- Open bites – where the upper and lower teeth don’t line up properly
Braces For Children And Adults
Braces For Children: With early orthodontic treatments, you can help your children avoid serious dental conditions and the need for further orthodontic treatments when they are older. We have treated children as young as 7 with braces to help align their teeth.
Adult Braces: It’s never too late for braces. Whether you didn’t have the opportunity for braces as a child or your teeth have shifted out of place due to an orthodontic relapse, TCare Dental Centre offers you a range of orthodontic treatments. With TCare Dental Centre, you’re never too old to feel confident when you smile.
- Clear Aligners: Clear aligners are a great alternative to traditional metal and wire braces. Clear aligners are made of transparent plastic and gently nudge the teeth into place over time. Unless specifically pointed out, clear aligners mostly go unnoticed, a great choice for anyone self-conscious about having braces.
Should I Brush My Teeth While Wearing Braces?
While wearing braces, you should brush your teeth at least twice a day, although it is preferable to brush after every meal to prevent bacteria, plaque and food building up. Ensure that you brush your teeth before going to bed. To further protect your teeth, you can also use a tooth mousse.
Straighten Your Smile With TCare Dental Centre
TCare Dental Centre creates a personalised treatment plan for your orthodontic corrections as we believe there is no one-size-fits-all approach to dental health. As members of the Australian Dental Association (ADA) membership and an accredited dental practice by Quality Innovation Performance (QIP), you know that your braces and orthodontics will result in the winning smile you’ve been looking for.
Latest News & Research
Find out the latest news and research relating to oral health